Tuesday, March 3, 2009

When we decide

which one would we rather be in :
  1. the best, in a group of the worst , or
  2. the worst, in a group of the best ?

I'd rather be in the later choice. Simply because i feel good to be surrounded by positive minded people. I like to be stupid, or at least know that i'm stupid, so i could seek for ways to be less stupid (yeah it sounds stupid!). I used to be surrounded by a group of the best. That's when i started working, in Penang. Being the only non-engineering graduates, lost in the world of engineers, i felt stupid. And lucky i have friends who are of course real engineers and real friends! And they're good.

Oh, the good ol days..

Of course good people are always taken away. So, the replacement came, and from being the worst in the group, i am now the best, the reference point. I felt so wanted, so good, so resourceful and so comfy. Until today that realized, I'm now in group 1. I am letting myself to feel as if i'm the best. As if the whole company will shutdown when i'm no longer around.

I like this whole being-the-best thingy. But, that is not just what i want. I want to be stupid, and surrounded by smart people. I want to be stupid, and learn to be smart. I want someone to kick my ass and tell me I need to work harder, or smarter (ok, not literally).

Which is why i'm writing an email, along with this post. An email to accept an offer, and click at Send. Done.

So i need to go home, and prepare to be stupid, perhaps for good reasons.

1 comment:

ninaC said...

ul, i really think it is a very good offer, i'allah u'll be happier and a whole of things to learn off.

but on the selfish side, sedih lah aku tader dah sumber rujukan dan bantuan aku kat penang.

:)