Monday, May 28, 2007

of segmenting people

during my company's new software/system briefing, we were being taught on how segmentization is done. Basically, the speaker segmentize the class by age, then by units, then by physical appearances and such.

I learned that segmentization is important for analysis. As for business, segmentize ur customer, and u'll be able to customize service/products to them according to their needs and preferences.

A few days back in a herb & traditional medication shop somewhere in BJ(went there to find a good post natal set, will blog bout that later), i saw a framed quotation by someone (i forgot who he is),

Big people talks about IDEAS
Small people talks about THINGS
Smaller people talks about OTHER PEOPLE

And well, that is a good segmentization, and quite true.

I guess i have always been a smaller people. Nothing wrong about that (except when u start to bad-mouthed people behind them), i talked about other people. How great they are or how bad they are, and use it as my guidance on making decisions or taking actions.

And that is why I am still a small person (err not physically though). I rarely talks about things. Which is a good topic. I have never thought of talking about how an engine in a car works (my boss had a session of pep talk on that, he's not as small as me, and that is why he is my boss).

In fact when we start talking about things or ideas rather than other people, we are thinking of things and ideas rather than other people.

Isn't that productive and stimulate creativity? and cool.

Still, we are never a big people. We are human, and human has emotional needs. One of it is to has emotionally attached to other people. Which lastly referred to thoughts and talks of other people. So, what the heck, i'll be a bigger person that i am before, just by adding another good element in my thoughts and talk.

Lets start with things, before it develop to ideas. Lets.

No comments: