Tuesday, November 10, 2009

my tummy is in bad mood

Or shall I say bad shape.


Literally.


Remember younger days when it is scary to see our mom's tummy; bulging with visible cellulite marks. That is the kind of feeling when I look at my tummy nowadays.

macam ini tau!


Thing is, that could only be very obvious if I wear tight shirts or pants; which I don't normally do. When I'm in my baju kurung, I look ok. Evidence - a promoter once request me to change the size of skirt I'm about to try on in the fitting room, she said "Yang tu besar sangat, size XXL, rasanya akak ni size L pun muat".

Blearrgghh, I smile and said "takpe, L mesti tak muatnya, size ni ok". True enough, true enough.

This my friends, has given a big problem to me. Loose clothes looks too shabby on my shoulder and in a way making me older. Now I know why people keep asking how many children do I have and if my first one has already gone for primary school.

I looked that old (when I don't even reach 30 yet!)

It is not due to the pregnancies friends, nor the bearing of my childrens.

Pregnancy has made me slimmer. First, I lost appetite. Then, when the appetite is ok, I'm taking care of my food intakes, making sure I took only nutritous food. And post-delivery, I have a very garang-singa-berapi mom, she makes sure I do the malay post-delivery rituals every day. And my father, he'll make sure I took vegetables and fruits, to balance up my post-delivery diet.

Taking care of the childrens consume most of my time at home. But that can't be the reason why I'm getting fat. It takes a lot of energy to play and fight with them, at the same time doing the house-chores. That energy, should take away at least a bit of the fat, kan?

So, the reasons could be :
  • My lack of exercise - not lack, but the absence of exercise in my life. I used to exercise a lot. Went to gym, jog and all. I'm giving excuses like - no time la, nak ambil anaklah, nak jaga anaklah. nak siapkan kerja lah.. takde trademill kat rumah lah.. letih lah... Aci ke?
  • All the food in the world tastes delicious - betul. When I eat out, and all the food taste nyum nyumm, I'll eat a lot. In kenduri-kendara, even when some says tak sedap, aku rasa sedap je dan tibai habis. When I cook, of course aku perasan and rasa sedap gila hingga jilat jari. Camne tu?
  • My unhealthy habits - Dulu, when I'm not a wife or a mom, my mother will make sure that we'll not eat after 8, don't lay on the couch unless you've taken your meal 2 hours ago, sit properly, don't slouch, eat in proper schedule, no munching in between, that sort of thing. Tapi ni kan, rumah saya, rule saya. Padanlah muka!

There you go. All the problems points to one and only one root cause - me and my lazy bump.

And aku rasa dah banyak kali list out things I should and shouldn't do. Tapi due to my inconsistent culture, lama-lama the don'ts are forgotten.

Actually aku lama dah tulis entry ni tapi tak post sebab tak sempat perabih. Hari ni post jelah, walaupun tak abis. Hopefully boleh flat kan perut pas nih.

Da..

4 comments:

ninaC said...

aku rasa masalah aku tang semua food rasa sedap.

susah lah.
sebab tu aku tak boleh dok KL, sebab senang sgt nk makan.

lagi satu masalah aku, bila aku ada kawan, kawan makan, aku tak boleh duduk tak makan.

ninaC said...

but at least, perot hang tak flat pon, dah ada tiga orang keluaq dari perot hang.

haha.

aku perot tak flat walaupon tak pernah beranak.
:P

Arisy said...

babe, yang penting flat.

Ni bukan sebab penah keluaq budak ni, sebab aku pemalas exercise.

anyway, u look slim lah!

Anonymous said...

ye ke!! memang pun..seme dah tak flat tp 'flood'..heheh..