Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Congratulations, you're pregnant!

Before you congrats me, nope I'm not pregnant.

Recently, banyak pulak yang bertanya everything about pregnancy, delivery and post-delivery to me.
Maybe sebab I've went tru the process 3 times secara rapid, heheh.

But, frankly, I'm not that good in taking care of myself or the baby. Boleh lah share, tapi tak lah hebat dan rajin. So, I guess untuk mereka-mereka yang agak tak rajin macam aku, I list what I do for my pregnancy until post-delivery :

Pregnancy
  1. Most of us will experience morning sickness. I do. Since ada yang menangis2 tanya aku mcm mana nak hilangkan loya-loya, here goes :
    • Image from eHow
    • I took crackers/biscuits, late night before tidur, when I woke up in the middle of night, and the first thing in the morning. It helps fill in your tummy, dan helps reduce angin2 yg masuk.
    • Oily food is a no-no, at least for me. So avoid it.
    • Do not skip any meal. Always snack, and choose your snack. It might take a while to find the right snack that doesn't make u vommit, but be patient. My advice - Google for snack that could help reduce your nausea.
    • Do not snack on asam-asam/jeruk-jeruk too much. Its not good for ur health. Acidic kan? I know, I know, with the heavy headache and uncomfortable tummy, asam-asam adalah tempting. Take it, but control your intake.
    • Be strong, eat up (and eat healthily) because the vitamins and zat-zat will be shared with your baby. I say this sebab, aku pun ada masa-masa yang letih dah makan and vommit, rasa macam taknak makan langsung.
  2. Where to do routine check up ?
    • During your early pregnancy, it is wise to choose where to do your routine check-ups and that better be where you want to deliver. Why? Because you want the same doc to examine you, and who knows your health condition to help during delivery right?
    • Unless, you opt to deliver at GH. Which is not a bad choice at all. So, do your check up at the nearest Klinik Kesihatan.
    • For those who choose private hospitals, I suggest you to also register yourself at the Klinik Kesihatan, and do tell them you are going to do your routine check up & deliver at private hospital.
      Because, by registering you could enjoy the benefit of government nurse coming over to your house post-delivery to check your stitches, help check the baby and even bathe the baby.
      And.. in case you are away from home, tetiba nak deliver, there's no private hospital nearby (or u knowlah private hospital memacam nak..), U can always check-in to the nearest Klinik Kesihatan (which is everywhere) or GH. Sebab they keep your record, just bring your patient card.
    • Kalau register kat Klinik Kerajaan, don't forget your Sijil Nikah, original copy.
    • Oh, if u feel anything weird, even if u are not sure if its weird or not, please do consult your doctor, or any doctor, or in my case; Mak (tapi mak aku bukan doktor). Don't take anything for granted, especially if this is your first pregnancy.
  3. Should I do exercise ?
    • I did. During my 3rd trimester. Bukan lah berjoging ke melompat bagai. Just walk, and main-main air di pool. It helps with your stamina and stamina is what u need for delivery.
  4. When should I start buying things for the baby?
    •  I'd say start early - during your second trimester. Unless, of course kalau duit belambak, lagi 1 week nak deliver boleh beli. Start early, so that u could budget things right.
    • Apa nak dibeli.. Hmmh.. I always use this list, convenient and complete. Given by Julie. (this is a snapshop, aku tak reti nak upload file or paste it here, so in case sapa2 nak just do request it)

Click image for larger view

Ok, panggilan tugas..nanti I sambung later.

3 comments:

sikulat said...

wah ... siap ada checklist lengkap dlm excel format tuh.. very systematic.. !!! muhahaha

aku tangkap muat aje.. huhuh

ninaC said...

haha. aku baca title tadi, aku mmg ingat wah, ul, pregnant number 4. preventions kali nih pon tak berjaya.

hahaaha.

anyway, yes, hang mmg good advisor. :)
not just about pregnancy, actually about everything.

Arisy said...

semah - a'ah.. nasib baik Julie bagi. Kalau aku tangkap muat, mmg habis semua aku beli, pastu tak pakai. Ko nak list ni?

hasna - hahaha, nasib baik prevention berjaya. Though actually, aku kalau pregnant and post delivery kurus yg cun (prasan!), agak tempted untuk pregnant disitu. boleh?