Thursday, June 21, 2007

always a First Timer

cartoon from cartoon stock : http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/rni/lowres/rnin527l.jpg






I've had a contraction last night. It was a continous pain for about 15 minutes, and repeats from 6:45 pm up to 8:45 pm. But after that I am all good, and even can clean all the dirty dishes hubby and BIL left.



Hubby was relieved upon hearing my statement of : " i think this is a fake contraction, i am ok now", to the extend that he take a "short" nap from 8:45pm till morning. He's been busy unpacking and packing my hospital bag (which i have already prepared beforehand), from one bag to the other. And worst, he's been calling around. Called his mother to ask about my pain, called his auntie to request for help in case of anything since she's the only relative living here in Penang, and even request me to call my mom.


MIL called a few times, asking me to leave the babies at the baby sitter last night and straight go to the hospital. I am tempted with that suggestion, but one second after the call terminates, my mom called (she has always sense anything upon me !). Mak asked on how am i doing (guess when ? just after the maghrib azan sounded). Relieved, i told her that i was in pain, but i do not know whether this is another practicing session by my son and my body or a real one. She calmly replied ,


"U have been tru this twice before, u should know. Let's not be panic, wait for a moment if still occurs, u have ur OB's num, refer to her".


My mom is superb ! She has made me relax and true enough, it is a fake contraction. But this is a sign that the real event will come soon. And a good practice for all of us to not be panic.


Hubby and me has been panic. So does MIL. But i guess that some people are just always a first timer. We can't help but be panic. This is going to be our third baby, but we still act as though we have never been tru all these. Some of us are just too cautious, and never take things for granted.


And Allah has always be fair, He created somebody like Mak, so that we can stand on the ground and be less panic.


Afterall, there's nothing wrong of being a first timer, always. It makes me feel fresh.

No comments: